Steps to Apply
Our online application process takes approximately 15-20 minutes to complete. Please read the 2018-2019 Enrollment Instructions Letter for directions and a list of all required documents. If you are unable to complete your application in one sitting, you may save your progress and complete the application at a later time.
For families using their smartphone to complete their online application, you may access the below links through your smartphone’s Internet browser, or you may download the SchoolMint app from your smartphone’s App Store.
Begin the application process by creating an account on SchoolMint. You will be prompted to fill out your Family Profile before continuing on to the application.
Sign in to your SchoolMint account to continue and complete your application. Throughout the application, you will be prompted to upload required documents prior to submitting your application. You may upload documents by using a scanner or by taking high quality and clear picture using your smartphone camera. You may also bring or mail hardcopies to the school office for assistance.
Required for All Students
- Child’s Birth Certificate
- Child’s Immunization Records
- Parent/Legal Guardian’s Photo ID (such as driver’s license or state-issued ID)
- Parent/Legal Guardian’s Proof of Residence such as:
- Utility Bill (electric, gas, or water/sewer)
- Mortgage Statement
- Lease or Rental Agreement that specifies start and end date of the agreement
- Original Mortgage/Closing Paperwork such as the Housing & Urban Development (HUD) Statement
- If you live with a relative or friend and do not have any of the above in your name, you will need to arrange a notarized Affidavit of Residency (1 original affidavit per student)
Required Only if Applicable to the Student
- Legal Custody Papers
- Individual Education Plan (IEP, ETR, RTI, or 504) or any special education services paperwork (for Speech Therapy, etc.)
- Behavior Intervention Plan (BIP)
- Applicants for Grades 1-8: Student Records Request
- 4th Grade applicants: 3rd Grade State Test Scores
You will not be able to formally submit your application until all forms are completed and all required documents are uploaded. If you need assistance uploading your required documents, please mail or bring them to the school and the school can help you complete your application.
Students take a grade placement assessment at the school.
If you are interested in enrolling your child into Kindergarten or 1st grade, your child will take a one-on-one Grade Placement Test with one of our trained staff members. This test takes approximately 15-30 minutes.
If you are interested in enrolling your child into 2nd-12th grades, your child will take a 1-2 hour computerized Grade Placement Test in the core subjects of Math and English.
Following the test, one of our Administrators will review the results of the test with you.
Your child’s Grade Placement Test must be scheduled, so please call the school at 614-577-0900 to schedule the assessment. Assessments may be scheduled on Monday, Wednesday, or Thursday between 9:00 A.M. and 1:00 P.M.
CATA will make an offer of admission to your student via SchoolMint. Student’s parent/legal guardian accepts the offer by completing the online registration packet via SchoolMint, then your student is enrolled.