Welcome to CATA! We look forward to you joining our family! We are now accepting applications for grades K-12 for the 2017-2018 school year.
New Student Application Process
- Student’s parent/legal guardian submits an online application (including required documents) via SchoolMint
- Student takes a grade placement assessment at the school
- School makes offer of admission to family via SchoolMint
- Student’s parent/legal guardian accepts offer by completing the online registration packet via SchoolMint
- Student is now enrolled
Grade Placement Assessments
If you are interested in enrolling your child into Kindergarten or 1st grade, your child will take a one-on-one Grade Placement Test with one of our trained staff members. This test takes approximately 15-30 minutes.
If you are interested in enrolling your child into 2nd-12th grades, your child will take a 1-2 hour computerized Grade Placement Test in the core subjects of Math and English.
Following the test, one of our Administrators will review the results of the test with you.
Your child’s Grade Placement Test must be scheduled, so please call the school at 614-577-0900 to schedule the assessment. Assessments may be scheduled on Monday, Wednesday, or Thursday between 9:00 A.M. and 1:00 P.M.
Prior to your child’s scheduled assessment, you must complete his or her online application. Throughout the online application, you will be prompted to upload required documents. If you are unable to do this through your smartphone or computer, you are required to bring these documents with you to the assessment.
Required for All Students
- Child’s Birth Certificate
- Child’s Immunization Records
- Parent/Legal Guardian’s Photo ID (such as driver’s license or state-issued ID)
- Parent/Legal Guardian’s Proof of Residence such as:
- Utility Bill (electric, gas, or water/sewer); must be dated within 90 days of submitting the enrollment application and must include resident name and property address
- Mortgage Statement; must be dated within 90 days of submitting the enrollment application and must include resident name and the property address
- Lease or Rental Agreement that specifies start and end date of the agreement; must be dated and include names and signatures of the lessee and the lessor
- Original Mortgage/Closing Paperwork such as the Housing & Urban Development (HUD) Statement; must include the resident name and property address
- If you live with a relative or friend and do not have any of the above in your name, you will need to arrange a notarized Affidavit of Residency (1 original affidavit per student)
Required Only if Applicable to the Student
- Legal Custody Papers
- Individual Education Plan (IEP, ETR, or RTI) or any special education services paperwork (for Speech Therapy, etc).
- Behavior Intervention Plan (504)
- Applicants for Grades 1-12: Student Records Request
- High School applicants: Official Transcripts
- 4th Grade applicants: 3rd Grade State Test Scores